Today is the big day. It's Emily's first day of preschool. She was a little confused when I woke her up this morning. But she was very cheerful once I reminded her what day today was. She smiled and posed for lots of pictures and promised me lots of hugs and kisses. She was a little nervous, but mostly excited. She didn't seem too nervous until we got inside. I showed her where to put her lunch box in the fridge and Ms. Rachel showed her where to put her jacket and extra clothes. Emily has a cubby with her very own name on it. Mr. Rachel said they were about to start story time and offered to let Emily pick out the book she would read. I warned Ms. Rachel I would need her help so I could sneak out of there. I gave Emily a big squeeze hug (what she calls them) and told her I needed her to give me a better hug then she gave me because it was going to have to last me all day. She laughed and squeezed harder. Then Ms. Rachel had to help me pry my shirt out of Emily's hand so I could leave the room. I talked to the teacher of the baby class for a minute and then peeked in Emily's window. She saw me and she didn't look happy. They said I can call after lunch to check on her and see how she's doing. I hope she has a good day.
We are so lucky to have Ms. Rachel as Emily's teacher. She was also Anthony's preschool teacher and she is great. I love feeling comfortable leaving my kids at school, when I know how much every one cares there. They want the kids to have a good time. All the teachers and Ms. Tania are so nice. Ms. Tania and her daughter Sammy are in Florida on vacation. I'm a little disappointed they won't be there to help Emily with this transition, but I know she'll be fine. Mommy has teared up several times this week and cried a little last night. I was close this morning, but I've made it so far. I have a feeling I will when it's time to pick her up. I miss her so much already.
Me: Who's a big girl?
Emily: MEEEE
Me: Who's going to school today?
Emily: MEEEE
Me: Who's gonna cry?
Emily: YOUUUUU
Me: Who else?
Emily: Not me!