Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 4 - Piggy's first day

Piggy came to school today.  I asked Emily to hold Piggy so I could get a picture of him on his first day of school. At first she didn't want to because she was afraid she'd spill milk on him.  She reminded me in the car that she didn't want to go to school.  When we walked in the door she got upset with me.  I thought it was because she didn't want to be there.  It was because she wanted me to take a picture of piggy outside the front door on his first day of school.  So we stopped and took a picture of him inside. I walked her to class.  She asked me to put Piggy in her cubby for her.  I put him in with his eyes peeking out so he could see her.  She cried when I left.


 
Ms. Celeste said she didn't cry long.  Ms. Tania and Sammy were there today.  I'm not sure if there was a birthday today or not, but McKenna's mom was carrying a big pink gift bag this morning and everyone was sent home with sand buckets and shovels with their name on them full of goodies.  Ms. Tania said she walked up to the piñata but wouldn't hit it or pick up the prizes.  Ms. Tania collected some and put them in the bucket for her.  Emily did sit in her chair at the table a few times.  (I think because Ms. Tania told her she didn't have to participate, but if she wasn't going to she had to go sit with her in the office. She didn't lay down at nap time, but Ms. Tania told Emily to lay Piggy down for his nap and she did. Emily was thrilled with her goodies and ate her snacks on the way home and played with her new playdoo. 
 
Ms. Whitney called to say tumble class was canceled for tonight.  Anthony was going to start his official hip hop class tonight, but he still isn't feeling well.  He has a stuffy, runny nose and a sore throat.  He might have to go to the doctors tomorrow.  He has what looks like craters on his tonsils and throat.
 
Tonight at the grocery store, a couple came up to us and asked if Aubrey could have the bear they won in the claw machine.  They said it's a tradition for them to win an animal and then give it to a child in the story.  Aubrey loves her new bear.
 

 

Aubrey's new bear
 
note I put in Emily's lunchbox today

notes for tomorrows lunchbox.  Emily asked Anthony to keep her company in the bathroom while I was talking to Ms. Tania today, so he wrote Emily, "Please go pepe"