Friday, September 6, 2013

Update

My poor little Emily.  Yesterday Daddy wanted to go with us to drop Emily off at school. When she heard this she thought the two of them were going to spend the whole day together. She asked if they were going to have Daddy Emily day.  I suggested Daddy take her by himself.  She didn't have the best morning and Daddy said it was rough.  When I picked her up Ms. Celeste said she the rest of the day didn't go much better.  She sat at the table like she was supposed to, but wouldn't play in centers and refused to eat her lunch.  She looked happy when I picked her up, but I guess the change in routine, thru her off a bit.

Last night was tumbling class for Emily and hip hop for Anthony.  Again Emily wouldn't do anything at tumbling.  She might not get to take classes anymore.  The strange thing is when Grandma and I told her she didn't seem to mind at all.  I wasn't expecting that because in the past when we warned her if she didn't participate, we would stop bringing her she would get upset.  On a positive note, Anthony is loving hip hop.  Today he said his 45 minute class isn't long enough.  Grandma offered to sign up for the Wednesday class too if he wanted and he said yes.  He's getting good at the 6 step and last night he learned a new move called the can opener. 

Last night was the Raven's played the season opener. I  sure am glad I didn't pick them to be this weeks winning team in the survivor football pool Aunt Kathy and Uncle Joe entered me in for my birthday.  They lost 49 to 27 to the Denver Broncos.  We only got to see the 4th quarter.  Anthony had a lot of homework and I helped him study for his social studies and vocabulary tests.  He usually does his homework after school, but it was hard for both of us to concentrate with the girls being so cranky.  Aubrey is teething and Emily gets tired since she started waking up early every day for school and doesn't take naps there yet.  Grandma installed Emily's old car seat for Aubrey yesterday.  Emily now sits in a big girl (booster) seat.  All three kids are facing the front now.  Aubrey seems to like it.

This morning went smoothly for Emily.  She woke up and got ready without giving me any problems.  I don't remember her saying she didn't want to go to school today like she usually does.  I think she's excited because she got to bring her Princess Sofia amulet to school with her  today for show and tell.  I braided her hair and put her Sofia pony tail in her hair. She brought her brush to school because she said today she was going to let Ms. Rachel do her hair for her.  Ms. Rachel does all the girls hair after naptime. At breakfast I told Emily that since she got ready this morning so good, I would let her peek at either the picture I put in her lunchbox, or the secret snack I packed for her.  She picked to see her picture.  I drew her a Mickey Mouse face and she was so excited.  I was so happy she liked it that I let her see what I packed her for snack time too.  It was a Mickey tray with apples, and grapes and cheese in the ears. 

When we got to school she walked right in and put  Piggy and  her amulet in her cubby, and her lunchbox in the refrigerator.  She walked to the carpet, where her classmates were watching Monsters Inc, but wouldn't sit down. McKenna was so happy to see her and wanted to hug Emily, but Emily wasn't interested. I talked to Ms. Rachel for a few minutes and told her that Emily said she was her favorite teacher and that she's pretty and likes that she makes her do stuff.  Ms. Rachel looked so happy I thought she might cry.   Emily must have been really into the movie because she wasn't clinging to me and seemed to have forgotten I was even there.   I asked Ms. Rachel if she thought I should say goodbye or sneak out the door.  She said to try to sneak out.  I did.  I got all the way to the door and when I turned around to peek at her, she was still watching the movie.  She never even noticed me leave.  That's a first.



Grandma with all the kids facing front




Emily wearing her amulet for show and tell and with her brush so Ms. Rachel can do her hair


Aubrey liked when I gave her a ride in the cubby where we store her blocks


Aubrey plays a good harmonica  No really, she plays.