Today I had a parent/teacher with Anthony's teacher, Mrs. Bell. Last week she sent home a progress report. So far he has all A's. I hope to make sure it stays that way. So when Mrs. Bell sent home the report and checked off that she did not require a meeting at this time, I requested one. I just had some questions about the Study Island website the use for school and to make sure he wasn't supposed to do any AR reading and testing yet. She said that they hadn't started yet because the library is being used for testing so the books and computers aren't available yet. She said that he can start if we'd like and he can take his test on the classroom computer if I'd like. Another concern of mine was homework. He doesn't seem to be getting any. I don't mind a bit but I want to make sure that's right. Almost every day Anthony says he doesn't have any homework to do, that he finished it in class. Mrs. Bell says that's right. She said that every day she assigns one assignment for each class. Whatever isn't finished is to be done at home. She said Anthony almost always finishes in class and what he doesn't finish, he asks to stay inside during recess to finish so he doesn't have any work to do at home. She said she's very proud of him. She said he's one of the best behaved students in her classroom. She said he rarely causes any issues and that she's never had to write his name on the board for anything. She said he waits quietly in line and keeps his hands to himself.
He's gotten compliments on his behavior at school. Mrs. Manners, the new vice principle told him that he was the best behaved 4th grader in the lunch room and that he never talks when he isn't supposed to. Anthony said yesterday that he was pulled out of line and was told to be the line leader because he was being so good. I smiled and asked if they still have line leaders in intermediate school. He rolled his eyes and said he wasn't too thrilled about being a line leader, or too impressed with the sticker he was given for good behavior.