Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm so excited.  Emily had a great day at school. She didn't want to get ready this morning and was upset when I dropped her off.  Aubrey and I had a quiet day together.  After we dropped the kids off at school we went grocery shopping. I had forgotten how easy it is to go grocery shopping with just one kid.  We were only there an hour, but since she woke up so early, Aubrey was already rubbing her eyes when we got home.  I put her down for a nap and took one myself.  She slept until I woke her up to pick up Anthony and Emily.  I guess she sleeps better without them around since the house is so quiet.  When the kids and I went in to pick up Emily, she was sitting at the table in her chair (that's a first - usually she's standing with her arms by her sides) watching Scooby Doo with her friends. She smiled when she saw me and ran across the room and took a flying leap into my arms.  This is why picking her up in the afternoons.  She told me she had a good day.  Ms. Celeste said she did everything today except use the potty.  I took her and I don't blame her one bit for not wanting to go in there.  Last week the toilet exploded water on her and today it was clogged again.  She flushed and ran away.  I was told she sat with her friends, laid down at nap time, (but didn't put her head down)  and even ate some of her lunch.  This is huge for Emily.  I'm so happy for her.  When I asked Emily if she played on the playground today, she said no because it was wet.  Grandma just left with Emily for dance class.  By the sound of it, she's going to have a good night there too.  Emily asked if I would come in the room with her again.  I said no and that I couldn't go tonight because Daddy was a work and wouldn't be home to watch Anthony and Aubrey.  I told her that tonight she should try and make Grandma cry.  When Emily was younger and didn't want to wear dresses, I would tell her that if she dressed pretty, Daddy might see her and be so happy that she would make him cry.  Ever since she never gave us a hard time about wearing dresses.  After I did her hair for dance, Emily asked Grandma if she was going to cry.  I have a feeling Grandma might be crying happy tears tonight.  She just called to say Emily was in the room with her dance friends standing two feet behind the girls.  That's progress too.