Wednesday, September 18, 2013

After the morning we had

Emily's always been the sweetest girl.  I hope school isn't starting to change her.  She still can be sweet.  She's always loved cuddling and giving kisses and hugs.  She has her moments, but they used to be over almost as soon as they started.  But for months now, if she's upset she punishes herself and goes in her room.  And her hissy fits have been lasting longer,.  Today I woke her up from school and she refused to get ready.  She refused to let me help her get ready.  And she refused to let me get her ready by myself.  All over me not allowing her to wear a certain open back pair of shoes that are too small.  They're not even allowed in school.  I tried to tell her but she wouldn't listen.  Daddy had to hold her down so I could get her dresses.  She stayed angry for almost 30 minutes.  Then she was fine.  I can't believe how easy dropping her off at school was after the morning we had.  I let her sit up front.  We listened to The Bear Necessities.  She walked in first when I opened the door for her.  She put her lunch box in the fridge.  The kids were having snack time and she wouldn't walk to her seat.  I walked her to her chair and pulled it out for her.  She sat down. I pushed her in.  I kissed her goodbye and walked away.  She never even looked back at me.  Today was definitely the easiest drop off so far.

Daddy wasn't thinking and showed Emily the Smurf I drew her for tomorrows lunch.  So I made her a Minion instead

Two weeks worth of notes and she still doesn't eat her lunch at school.