What a great weekend. A girl at work gave me a big bag of shoes for Emily so Friday we played the shoe game. We dumped them all out in a pile and tried them all on. Anthony had his first ccd class and Aunt Kim said he wasn't so well behaved in church but that Father Ragan looked like he was trying not to laugh. Emily now has a big girl car seat but I'm not so sure she likes it. Today we went to Cade's Cove and had a great time. We saw five bears, deer, turkeys, a coyote. We also got to pet horses and while I was watching Anthony feed one some grass, another came up behind me and scared the living daylights out of me. Emily threw rocks in the water for the first time. She tried to eat them first but then she threw them. She is officially a tomboy. She was dressed all pretty and walked straight in the water in her new shoes and got all wet and dirty and didn't care. I got to be the one to stalk the bears today (bear bait) It was such an adrenaline rush. I loved it. The closest I probably got was maybe 15-20 feet away and my pictures turned out blurry but it was so worth it. Oh, and Emily now says eh oh when she drops something and points to cups and water bottles and says drink.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
New shoes & bear bait
What a great weekend. A girl at work gave me a big bag of shoes for Emily so Friday we played the shoe game. We dumped them all out in a pile and tried them all on. Anthony had his first ccd class and Aunt Kim said he wasn't so well behaved in church but that Father Ragan looked like he was trying not to laugh. Emily now has a big girl car seat but I'm not so sure she likes it. Today we went to Cade's Cove and had a great time. We saw five bears, deer, turkeys, a coyote. We also got to pet horses and while I was watching Anthony feed one some grass, another came up behind me and scared the living daylights out of me. Emily threw rocks in the water for the first time. She tried to eat them first but then she threw them. She is officially a tomboy. She was dressed all pretty and walked straight in the water in her new shoes and got all wet and dirty and didn't care. I got to be the one to stalk the bears today (bear bait) It was such an adrenaline rush. I loved it. The closest I probably got was maybe 15-20 feet away and my pictures turned out blurry but it was so worth it. Oh, and Emily now says eh oh when she drops something and points to cups and water bottles and says drink.