Ok so it's been forever since I've updated this blog. Not because I haven't wanted to, but because our internet is slow it takes forever to even upload one picture. I should have at least been telling our stories. So much has happened since I left off. Anthony is now officially a 4th grader and had excellent grades last year. He went to the end of the year school dance, participated in field day, received two certificates at Awards Day at school, and performed in his class play. Plus he had a birthday in April an is now 9. He had a great birthday. We got him the Heely skate shoes he asked for and a couple video games. That weekend Daddy took us to Dixie Stampede as part of Anthony's birthday present while Grandma watched Aubrey for us. That was a lot of fun.
Mother's Day, we skipped our traditional trip to Cades Cove and instead took the kids Gem Mining, to see the bears next door, and then to The Track where the kids rode the rides and went on the bumper boats. Emily continued to improve in her dance and tumbling classes. She knew her entire performance, but we couldn't prepare her for the size of the audience for her recital. She was up there tapping away to her song, Minnie Mouse Bowtique, until she heard the audience and looked up and saw the crowd. She froze and didn't move at all after. She stood still for the dance part of her tumbling recital but did the entire tumbling routine and did it very well. She took a weekly tumbling class this summer and is now best buddies with Delana, and she took a one week dance camp where she got to spend more time with Delana and her friend Bryleigh. Last week she had a professional dance photo shoot with Bryleigh. Nana and PawPaw came to visit on Emily's birthday and the kids got to visit them at the hotel they were staying at in Sevierville, The Resort, where they got to swim and play in the lazy river. Emily went on her first go cart ride with Daddy and for her 4th birthday, got the present she had been waiting months for, her Dora microphone plus a Dora birthday cake. All she could talk about for months before her birthday were how she needed a Dora microphone and a Dora birthday cake.
Aubrey is almost a walker and a talker. Her first words were Dada, Kitty Cat, dog, Mama and her new favorite is "Oh Shit!" Yep, one of her first words is a bad word. I have thought for several months now, that I've heard her say Anthony. She says it very clear and at first I thought it must be all in my mind, since even Anthony couldn't say his name until he was 2 or 3. But she says it clear as can be. She still crawls, and fast too, but she walks extremely well while holding on to a table, couch, or playpen. But she has taken a few steps without holding on. She sleeps thru the night almost every night and is a joy to be around. She doesn't mind being held but likes to keep the cuddling short. She's an active baby and likes to be on the move. Her Godparents, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Joe came last week for her Christening. They got her a beautiful dress and gifts. They love her to pieces and miss her like crazy. Aubrey's birthday was last Thursday. I can't believe she's one already. My little baby is a toddler now. This year has gone by so fast.
Summer: We've had a pretty nice summer. We've done a lot. I've taken the kids to the library a few times. They got to see a play there, and go digging for dinosaurs, and did a few crafts. They also took a class on seeds. We've been to the free movies and met up with the Ogles (our old neighbors) and sat with Celina, Carysa, and Connor while we watched Happy Feet 2. Then the kids stayed and played for a while, and Carysa had a sleepover. Grandpa brought Anthony and Emily back to see Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked. And then I brought them back to see Rio, Emily's favorite movie. Grandma babysat Aubrey one night so I could take them to see Monsters University. And one night when Emily had a sleepover at Grandma's, Daddy, Aubrey, and I took Anthony to see Despicable Me 2. Daddy took the kids one day to Firehouse Golf putt putt, I took them one day to A&W for lunch and bowling. Then a few weeks later, we all went bowling. We've gone out for ice cream and a few family walks together. Aunt Chris and Uncle Larry brought Skylar for a quick visit and the girls got to spend some time together and have a sleepover. Daddy had to work on the 4th of July, so Aunt Kim came with us to see the fireworks this year. And since Daddy had to work, we had our own July 4th a little early. Daddy grilled us up some dinner on the smoker, and when it got dark he made a fire for the kids to roast marshmallows. He set up the kiddie pool and hooked the hose up the hot water heater and filled it with warm water so the kids and I could relax in the warm pool while he set off fireworks for us. To Celebrate Grandma 60th birthday, Grandma and Grandpa took Aunt Kim, the kids, and I out to the Bob Nelson comedy show. He was hilarious. I'm not sure if Emily got all the jokes, but she still laughed at them. Her favorite was the duck sounds he made. Anthony liked the potty humor best. So did I.
Anthony and I have gotten to spend a lot of time together at night after the girls have gone to bed. We've stayed up for hours watching Full House, one of his new favorite shows, and Yes Dear. He first saw the one where they went to Lego Land (his dream destination) and then we started watching the other episodes too. Sometimes we watch the shows, and others we end up pausing it and talking for quite a bit. He has a lot of stories and talks about school. And girls. He talks a lot about girls. He's growing up so fast. They all are.
We have the most loving kids. They're a handful. They can do some serious fighting, but also they're best friends and I pray they stay that way forever.
As of July 28th 2013
ANTHONY
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite tv shows: #1 Full House #2 Yes Dear......Ninja Turtles, Jessie, Dog with a Blog, Sam and Kat, See Dad Run, Gold Rush
Favorite Song: Sexy and I know it
Favorite Toys: Video games, video games, and more video games. Lately he's been playing with his Knex a lot. He's been building and rebuilding all kinds of stuff.
EMILY:
Favorite food: Meat. She loves meat. and ice cream
Favorite tv shows: Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Max and Ruby, Dora the Explorer
Favorite song: She loves to sing Bruno Mars: When I was your man. and I like big butts.
Favorite Toys: She goes back and forth. She loves to dance (no toys needed) she loves to write her secrets in her diary. No specific toy stands out at the moment, but lately she's been playing Legos a lot.
AUBREY:
Favorite food: Puffs. She LOVES her puffs, but out of all her baby food, she prefers fruits and cereal. The only vegetable I think she actually likes is carrots. She stopped wanting baby food for a while. But now, instead of mixing her meat and vegetables, I added the fruit too. Now she eats more. Oh, and she likes bugs. She ate (tried) to eat a dead stink bug one night when Grandma was babysitting. She's tried twice since then to eat bugs.
Favorite tv shows: I don't really know yet, but sometimes Emily and I put on Blues Clues for her.
Favorite song: Again, I don't know yet. But when she's upset, if I sing her "baby song" to her (the one I labeled her song since she was little, she calms down. it's the song from Oliver (and the Dawn dish soap commercial): I'd do anything.
Favorite Toys: She loves the light up music frog Grandma got her for Christmas. We turn it on every night for her. It's part of her bedtime routine. She loves anything she can get her hands on.