Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Duck pond and Aubrey's 1st ER visit

July 28th.....

Daddy took the kids and I to the duck pond to feed the ducks.  I was hoping to recreate the picture of Anthony and Emily holding hands walking by the water, with Aubrey added.  We put a pair of shoes on her so she could walk on the beach area.  She wasn't real thrilled with the shoes and had no interest in walking in them when we got there. Plus, all those ducks made her nervous.  Daddy held Aubrey while the kids feed the ducks.  Emily was a little nervous but had a good time.  I don't know if Anthony was pretending to be scared or not, but at some point he was hiding and feeding them from inside the car.  He kept insisting there was a chicken there. I never saw it but later when I looked at the pictures, sure enough there was a chicken.  We even saw a one footed duck.


















July 29th.....

Aubrey had her first ER visit last night. I made her a sick appointment with her doctor this morning, for a sore she's had on her right butt check that wouldn't go away.  The doctor said it would have to be lanced and was too big to do in the office, so he sent us to the ER.  Grandma came with me and Aubrey.  She was pretty pleasant for a while, but we were there a long time.  The said every room was full and then the power went out and they were running on emergency generators and then the fire alarm went off.  It was a strange experience.  Several nurses saw her, and all were very nice and loved Aubrey.  One in particular, Amanda, was Aubrey's favorite I think.  Aubrey even gave her a double handed wave. Since the power was out, things were hectic and someone unorganized at the hospital so our stay lasted over four hours.  Once the nurse felt comfortable that Aubrey wouldn't require sedation, she allowed her to finish her bottle, which Aubrey seemed to greatly appreciate and was much more tolerant of having to be there.  They gave her oral pain medication and made us wait for that to kick in.  Then they gave her oral "loopy" meds to help her stay calm.  I tell you, that girl was pretty calm.  She let us lay her on her belly and hold her down.  She didn't even seem to mind when the nurse pushed on her sore,  After that, when they got to the worse part, Aubrey cried and cried and her whole body turned bright pink.  She was a trooper though. She got thru it and didn't hold it against Mommy or Grandma for helping hold her down.  She even forgave the nurse who did the lancing and waved to her when it was all done.  By then, her drugs must have kicked in really good, because it wasn't the most energetic wave.  Of course that was after she tried to grab what looked like the needle she put in her butt. I think she was plotting her revenge. Mommy was a trooper too.  I teared up at the doctors office when he said it would need to be lanced.  But I didn't cry when they did the procedure like I did when they did Emily's.  I came close though. It was very hard to watch.  I'm sure it was a bit harder on Aubrey though.  Poor little girl was so out if it by the time we left that she waved goodbye to the trashcan.  She looked so doped up. We stopped at Walgreens on the way home for bandages and her antibiotic prescription and as soon as I got her in her pjs and put her in her crib, she fell right asleep.  She barely even touched her bottle. I woke her up when I went to take her bottle out of her crib and checked her bandage and change her diaper.  She was still dry and I only saw a tiny bit of blood on her bandage.  She was cranky so I made her a new bottle and she went right back to sleep. Poor thing must be exhausted after last night, because other than the five minutes she was awake at 2:30 am, she has been asleep for almost 12 hours so far.