Sunday, July 29, 2012
Happy Birthday Aubrey!
We're home! Aubrey was born July 25th at 10:43 am. She weighed 9 lbs 10 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Her size is debatable. She had her first doctors appointement yesterday and she weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and was 20 inches long. The doctor said her hospital measurements may not have been accurate, because babies don't normally lose an entire pound after birth and when they do, they don't look as healthy as Aubrey does. Daddy and I arrived at the hospital Wednesday and had a little friendly wager going regarding her weight. Daddy predicted she would weigh 9 lbs 4 oz and I predicted 10 lbs 10 oz. Yeah, Daddy won. He was a lot closer. Aubrey was moving all around in my belly while we were waiting for it to be time and Daddy got to see her do "the wave." I guess she was excited because she knew it was her birthday. Everyone came to see us after surgery. Grandma brought Emily and Aunt Kim and Grandpa brought Anthony. Anthony wasn't thrilled but I'm sure he'll come around later. But Emily was so excited. She had been waiting a long time to meet her baby sister. When she heard us all comment on how much Emily and Aubrey looked alike, Emily told us that Aubrey has her nose. Emily was very concerned when Aubrey opened her mouth and said, "She's got no teeth." When Grandma told Emily that her baby sister was hungry, Emily suggested they give her some of Aunt Kim's sandwich. When Aubrey cried, Emily said it was because her baby sister wanted her to hold her. She kept telling us how cute her sister was. And she wants to know why Aubrey eat's mommy's boobs.
All the nurses at the hospital loved Aubrey. They all wanted to hold her. They all got their chance too because Aubrey is a cuddler. She loves to be held. The night before we left the hospital Daddy took me on our first date as a family of 5. He asked one of the nurses to take care of Aubrey for a little while so we walk around the hospital. We went on a scavenger hunt in search for magazines. We didn't find any good ones but the walk was nice and so was the change of scenery. Then we split a dinner from the vending machine. He had blocks of cheese and I had some grapes. Ok, so it wasn't exactly romantic, but hey, we 're the parents of three kids now. You take what you can get. ;-)
It's amazing how much the girls look alike. They have the same nose, mouth, and chin and even very similar personalities. Neither of them like to sleep. I think the longest Aubrey has slept so far is maybe two or three hours, and she only sleeps that long when I'm holding her. I love holding her. I am so in love with her it's crazy. She's breastfeeding and doing very well, but I didn't realize that meant I'm hogging all the cuddle time. Now that I've realized it, I'm trying to share but it's hard. I don't want to put her down.
Yesterday Grandma and Grandpa took Emily home with them after Aubrey's doctor appointment and let her have a sleepover. Thank goodness they did, Having three children is very chaotic. I swear I don't remember the kids being quite this energetic before. It's like someone gave them an energy drink. I know they are excited, but I'm looking foward to things calming down a bit and us getting into some kind of routine. Well for now, I better get some sleep. Aubrey should be up anytime now. (Since she's sleeping in her bassinet and I'm not holding her.) I got to be awake and ready for her next feeding so I can cuddle with her and stare at her some more. :)

