Today was library day. After story time, Emily colored while I worked on the craft. It was supposed to be construction paper glued around an empty paper towel roll with cardboard cut outs of food hanging from it. (Mr. Spence did mention it was important to eat your fruits and veggies so maybe it's food pyramid month or something) I was having trouble figuring out how to get the strings to hang and was watching the other mothers for ideas. (Mommy's not so artistic) Some people started to leave while I was still working on our project. Emily never even turned back to look at me. She just got up from the table and walked to the other side of the room to wait in line for her lollipop and held out her wrist for Mr. Spence to put on her new silly band. He laughed and said she's come a long way. (in her shyness)
After school Emily and I invited Anthony and Carysa on a bike ride. He was doing really well and riding circles around the cul de sac at the end of the street. He was going around a corner and drove into some loose gravel and fell. He looked ok but it was hard to tell because he was so covered in dirt. (it's been raining the last few days and the ground was wet) He tore his jeans and I could see a scrape and blood but it didn't look too bad. We went home and I cleaned him up to check out the damage. His hand looked almost like he had splinters in it but instead of wood it looked like gravel. We went to the emergency room. They put some numbing gel on it and then went back and forth between scrubbing it with wet gauze and using tweezers and a needle to try to get under the skin and get it out. Luckily the doctor said it was mostly dirt that had somehow gotten really deep in his skin. Anthony was so brave. He made me proud. It must have taken the doctor 10 minutes to take care of his hand and at least another 20 for his knee. Hopefully there won't be any more ER trips in our future for a long time.