Monday, March 21, 2011

Sam of icarly



While waiting in the parent pick up line, I heard an interview on the radio with someone who sounded an awful lot like Sam from icarly promoting their new country single.  Turns out it was her, announcing she would be at West Town mall at 6pm and would sing four songs.  The radio announcer said to get there around 4 to get in line and for a $10 donation (all proceeds went to St. Judes) you get a copy of her new single, a meet and greet, and an autographed picture.  We rushed home, asked Johnny to take us, and called Grandma and asked her to pick up Emily so we would have time to get changed and so Emily didn't have to wait in line too.  We got in the car, but on the way there Anthony suddenly felt nauseous and said he wanted to go home.  We turned back around and gave him some ginger ale and some saltines and he seemed much better.  I guess he must have been nervous because when we offered to take Carysa, if he wanted to head back out, suddenly he felt better and was excited.  When we got there the mall was packed.  We waited in a huge line. Everytime we thought we were getting close, we found out the line turned down the other side of the mall.  We were too far back in line to see the show and after 3 hours of waiting a security guard told us that they had sold out of wristbands (pic and cd and guarantee to get an autograph) I had a feeling they were just hoping some people would leave since Jennette McCurdy (Sam from icarly) promised to stay until everyone got her autograph.  Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, the man came back to say they had more.  I felt bad for the people in front of us that got upset and left.  We were able to get the kids their wristbands and then went and waited in another line for her autograph.   We were there over 4 hours but the kids agreed it was worth it.  I wanted so bad to get the kids picture with her but I wasn't quick enough.