Today I took Emily to the doctors. She was supposed to go to Dollywood with Grandma, but she has a fever of 102 and a sore throat. She starts kindergarten on Wednesday so I was hoping it was just a cold, but didn't want to take any chances. Turned out she has strep throat. The nurse almost had to have someone help me restrain her so they could do the q-tip swab. She is very strong. Then she had to get a shot. By the time we left the doctors office she was already starting to feel a little better. I took her to Walgreens to get cough drops. As we're walking down one of the isles she sneezed. Then very loudly said:
"Mommy, I think I peed. Or maybe I pooped. Oh wait a minute. It might have just been a fart. I think I need new panties. Mommy did I poop? (she did a little) Mommy, I need new panties. Do they have panties here?"
She said all this very loudly and with a smile on her face. (I wish I could be 5 again)
The cashier told me that Emily was very pretty. I reminded Emily of this on the way home and told her I used to work with that nice lady. Emily asked if she was going to work there too. I asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. She said:
"I want to work with Daddy. I want to be a cook so we can cook food for people together and I can see him every day. I love my Daddy"