Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Kindergarten here she comes!






That's Lily with her mother

Madison.  Emily met her orientation night.

Ms. Kelly, Ms. Michaels helper, waked the kids to class.  I told Emily to follow Madison and I would be right behind her.  A few times she turned to smile at me, but I never caught her smile on camera.

 Emily went back-and-forth between being nervous and excited this morning getting ready for kindergarten. She calmed down when we got to school. She met a new friend named Lily while waiting in the gym for class to start and she got to see Madison again.  Emily was doing great and coloring a picture at her table but she got a little nervous when Lily started crying.  Emily looked at me and asked if I had to go. I said yes and kissed her goodbye.  She never tried to follow me when I left but I could tell the tears were close.  Daddy and Aubrey and I went to go pick Emily up from school.  We could see Emily sitting on the sidewalk with her friends smiling at us. Mommy started to cry a little bit. I can't believe our little girl is growing up.  Emily said she loves kindergarten.  She wouldn't tell us very much about her day. But she said her favorite part of kindergarten was carpet time, and she loves gym.  Then she mentioned something about a magic hula hoop.  She didn't eat her lunch and she said she didn't do her work.  But she said she can't wait to go back tomorrow.  She earned a smiley face today for behavior and if she earns nine more she gets to pick a prize out of the treasure box at school.  She told me later that she didn't cry.