Emily had a great 2nd day and 3rd day of school. She loves gym and carpet time. I got a call from the speech teacher and explained Emily's behavior. She won't speak, eat, or do her classwork. I've taken her to two different specialist and they both said she has an anxiety disorder. Ms. Kristi, the lady that takes their pictures, suggested she might have something called Selective Mutism, which is basically an anxiety disorder that makes her so scared that she's not able to do some of the things her friends do. I think she's right. Today I dropped off an article to Ms. Michaels, her teacher and she promised to read it tonight. She's such a nice lady. Ms. Kelly, Ms. Michaels teachers aide that helps in Emily's class, said her little boy acts the exact same way at school. I think Ms. Kelly knows just what to do to help Emily. None of this is stopping Emily from enjoying kindergarten. She loves running into her friends from preschool that are in the next class. (Addy, Caesar, Luke, and Christian) and she's starting to make friends in kindergarten already. She loves gym and her favorite thing to do is run. Today the playground was finally dry enough to play. She said she went down the slides and chased Abby, a girl in her class. She said at lunch she sees Matiah, a girl in first grade that she friended this summer that came to her preschool this summer. I think she's going to have a good year.
Anthony joined the school band and his trumpet came in. He's had it two days and already I can see improvement in his playing. He's loving it and he's sisters seem to enjoy him playing. Tonight was his first cub scout meeting of the school year. Meetings are no longer at the church for the boys. Now they'll be at Ms. Tamara, the den leaders house. I miss going to the meetings with Anthony and Emily does too. But he's older now so he gets dropped off. He said he had fun. He got to play with all the dogs and learned about how to help save someone from drowning. There's a fundraiser going around the internet called the Ice Bucket challenge. Someone challenges 3 people to pour a bucket of ice water over their head or donate money to a charity to support a disease called ALS, also known as Lou Gerigs disease. His principle, Mrs. Oakes agreed to do the ice bucket challenge if the students brought in money to donate. The 5th grade raised the most money so all the teachers in his grade agreed to do the bucket challenge. I'm so proud of Anthony. He donated $5 of his own money from his piggy bank. He said he got the first wet hug from his Mrs. Wolfenbarger, his teacher. And based on the look on his face, I think he enjoyed it.
DAY 2
DAY3