Friday, June 3, 2011








Anthony released his butterflies today (the ones Grandma and Grandpa got him for his birthday)  I wasn't going to force him to, but was hoping he would.  This morning he told me he was ready.  When he opened their cage, one flew away but the others stayed.  I told him maybe they were waiting for him to say goodbye.  Immediately after he said goodbye, three more flew away together.  The last little guy didn't want to leave. He stayed in the garden, then climbed up and down Anthony and when he stuck his finger out, it climbed right up.  He's sad, but knows he did the right thing.  I guess he got a hint of what being a parent feels like.  You want them to grow up and be independant, but it still makes you said to see it happen....... I'm going to miss Emily checking on the butterflies every morning.  She called them "bawk bawk fly."