Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Virginia Beach vacation







































Grandma and Grandpa took the kids and I on vacation to Virginia Beach to visit with Aunt Chris and Skylar.  We are having so much fun.  We started our trip yesterday.  The kids were surprisingly good in the car.  They loved watching movies in the mini van.  We must have watched the Sesame Street dvd three or four times.  Anytime we turned it off, Emily pointed to the tv and said "Elmo."  We stopped at a McDonalds so the kids could stretch their legs and get some energy out at the playground.  Anthony held Emily's hand and helped her climb up the tunnel. (it was pretty steep) It took some convincing from Anthony to get Emily to go down the slide with him, but I don't think she had any regrets because they were both grinning from ear to ear when they got to the bottom.

By the time we got here,  Skylar was already in bed for the night.  So Anthony and Emily played for a while and took their baths.  They both love taking baths at Aunt Chris's because she has so many bath toys to choose from.  They both went to sleep great.  When Anthony woke up and went downstairs in the morning to see Skylar, she went right to him and asked him to read her a book.  The girls have been playing well together.  Sometimes Skylar doesn't want to share her toys, so Emily tries to trick her.  She brings Skylar a toy she loves (usually piggy) and then sneaks the toy she wants. (Usually Skylar's pink ball or monkey leash) They've also been handing each other toys.  Both girls have a favorite stuffed animal and oddly enough, they're both 'piggies'.  When Skylar has a toy Emily wants, Emily starts chitter chattering away.  I can't tell much of what she's saying, but she waives her arms in the air and somewhere in the middle of her speech she says "Sky" (Skylar), so I'm assuming she's tattling on her, or pleading her case.  They do seem to like each other a lot.  Today Emily was sitting on the floor against the back door and patted the spot next to her and asked Skylar to sit with her. I think they play really well together.  They get upset with each other, but neither have tried to hit or hurt each other.

This afternoon while Grandma and Grandpa were recooperating from our trip (napping), Aunt Chris took the kids and I to Sandbridge Beach.  There was a really nice playground, so first they played. I was hoping to get a picture of the kids holding hands while walking on the beach, but that didn't work out the way I planned.  Emily hated the sand.  I had to carry her most the time (and she stilled cried)  Skylar didn't want to walk on the sand either but Anthony had a blast.  He loved the beach.  He didn't want to leave.  He would wait for a wave to come and then run.  Hopefully since the next time we visit, Emily will be a little older, we can spend more time at the beach and she won't be so scared.