Anthony and I were discussing options on how to stretch a dollar our upcoming vacation. I mentioned camping and sleeping outside in a tent. Emily: No no no. I am NOT sleeping outside with the bugs. Me: We wouldn't let bugs in our tent. Emily: But there's bears. No no no. I am NOT doing that!
After I told Anthony that I had requested Daddy get extra vacation days without asking:
Me: Don't tell Daddy. He's probably going to be mad so I want to find my own way to tell him. Anthony: Oh I know. You could put it in a love note.
Me: What? I don't know how to write a love note.
Anthony: Start with something like.... I secretly love you but am too shy to say it.......
Me: Yeah, um no. That will never work.......But something tells me this kid has done this before. Actually, I know he's done this before.
Emily: Mommy what's this? (a glow stick headband)
Me: What were you doing in my purse?
Emily: I wanted to see if there was anything good in there. What is it?
Me: It was a surprise for you. For later. But now you ruined the surprise.
Emily: You should have kept it away from me.
Me: I did! That's why it was in my purse! Emily: Well you should have put it up high......
Anthony lost a tooth last night and didn't tell us so he could "test" the tooth fairy. He said if she was real then she would know he lost a tooth and where he hid it. I tried to convince him that she doesn't know until I text her....He's doubted for years, but Daddy and I aren't admitting anything.