Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas around the world at Anthony's school







Pajama Day/Christmas Party at Emily's school




Ms. Rachel and Ms. Tania with Santa

Ella opening the present Emily got her.

Emily with her Christmas present from Leah




Presents for the kids teachers
 Anthony's Cub Scout Christmas Party/Gift Exchange
Emily did my hair with the new Barbie hair bag she got from her Secret Santa (Leah) at school





Anthony traded to get back the present he brought for the gift exchange

Grandma got her hair done too.


Andrew's brother helped Anthony put his catapult toy together.





The kids exchanged their presents for each other early




Opening presents from Mommy and Daddy


















 
It's almost that time again..  I can't believe I haven't updated in so long.  We went to the Christmas parade. Anthony rode on the float with his friends from cub scouts.  He didn't get to be King of the Candy Cane Court but we enjoyed trying.  Douglas from Ms. Taylors class next door won.  We got to see him on the float.  Both the kids had Christmas parties at school.  Anthony and I went shopping late the night before to get some snacks and goodies to make the teachers gifts.  We had fun just the two of us.  I let him wear his skate shoes.  The store was almost empty and he was skating towards me so I squatted down and held out my arms and said, "Come to Mommy" as if he was a baby learning to walk.  He was so embarrassed and he laughed so hard I was afraid he would fall down. Serves him one for all the times he's embarrassed me in the grocery store.  (Like all the times he called strangers daddy - and I'm not talking about when he was little either.)  Emily had a gift exchange at school.  She was Ella's secret Santa and Leah was Emily's.  We got Ella a Little Mermaid doll for the bathtub that blows bubbles and Leah got Emily a Barbie hair set with a dryer, comb, brush, curling iron and several hair clips.  Later Friday night after the kids class parties, Grandma, Anthony, Emily and I went to the cub scouts Christmas party while Grandpa babysat Aubrey.  Emily did mine and Grandma's hair at the party.  We both looked fabulous.  Last year at scouts, the boys did the exchange where one boy picks a gift and can choose to keep it or steal one from a friend.  One of the boys got upset so this year they suggested the boys draw numbers from a hat and get the gift that was labeled with the same number.  Then after everyone opened their gifts they were allowed to trade.  Anthony traded with three different boys so he could get back the gift he brought, a build it yourself catapult. Poor Grandpa.  Aubrey pooped while he was on baby duty.  He changed her, but left her dirty diaper sitting loose outside because he didn't want to touch it. I found that pretty funny.  They had a good time.  Aubrey whistled for Grandpa.  She learned how a little while ago and I forgot to tell him.  He said he heard her and at first didn't believe it.  I bet not too many one and a half year olds can whistle.  She learned from watching Emily.  Emily is a great whistler. 

Last night Anthony made a fort.  Anthony, Emily and I got in it and I read them The elf on the shelf book and then a few chapters or a Christmas novel that I won on goodreads.  It's about an elf who is in charge of labeling people naughty or nice and a very naughty family.  Emily wasn't that into it but enjoyed being in the fort.  Anthony is liking the book, so I read him a few more chapters tonight.  Hopefully we have time to finish tomorrow.  Grandpa and Daddy did a little Christmas shopping while Grandma and I took the kids to church.  They're a wild bunch I tell you.  I know Grandma would like for us to go more often, but every time we do, I'm always surprised she doesn't change her tune.  Anthony kept asking how much longer until we can leave.  (even though gave him the watch she got him for Christmas early so he wouldn't have to ask) Emily was clingy and wiggly.  And Aubrey was just plain loud.  (and of course wiggly)  I'm glad we went, but I'm not so sure the people sitting anywhere near us were.  After church we went to Grandma and Grandpas for pizza and to open presents.  The got both the kids their own pogo sticks, which the LOVE.  They also got me and Daddy some new pots and pans and baking stuff, plus and new dvd/vcr for the living room.  It will be nice to be able to rent movies again. 

The girls went right to bed tonight. I'm surprised Emily did but every time she wouldn't listen, all Daddy would have to do is tell her Santa wasn't coming and she'd listen.  Aubrey went to bed right away, which is really rare.  Anthony is still awake.  I think he gets so excited that he has trouble falling asleep.  I can't say that I blame him, but I hope he goes to sleep soon.  Mommy and Daddy are tired.