Friday, November 22, 2013
Candy Cane Court
Man am I tired. Anthony asked to volunteer to represent his class in the Candy Cane Court this year. I agreed. (before I realized it was a fundraiser) Then he handed me the permission slip that explained the details. But how say no. He's a straight A student and this is a great opportunity to learn responsibility. Anthony made paper airplanes out of colored paper to sell. (His friends have always asked him to make airplanes for them. He said it's because his fly the best.) I made Rice Krispie treats and Lego crayons. Together we peeled crayons while watching Jeopardy and an episode of Yes Dear tonight after the girls went to bed. It's after one in the morning and I just finished wrapping up the crayons so they don't break and packing his box of items to sell tomorrow. The contest ends and the money is due December 12th The winners will be announced at his school during Christmas around the world. (I'm not sure what that is. Last year he missed it because he was sick.) Each class has one boy and one girl represent the class. The two students picked are supposed to raise as much money as they can for the school. The class from each grade that makes the most money will be selected as the winners for their grade and will get to ride on the school float in the Christmas parade. And the overall winners will be announced the King and Queen of the Candy Court. Anthony is excited about this. If everything that we made sells tomorrow, he will have made $27.50 for his school in the first day. Then there are eleven more school days to make and sell items before the contest ends.