Today was the Christmas party at the library. Emily, Connor, and I stopped at the bread store on the way to pick up some snacks for the party. They had such a good time. They each picked a number for song time. Ms. Virginia sang This old man. Emily was number 9 and Connor was 10. Then Santa Claus read the kids The Night Before Christmas. He gave all the kids candy canes and they sat on his lap and told them what they wanted for Christmas. Connor wanted a Buzz without a rocket. (A Buzz Lightyear toy, from Toy Story) Emily just wanted to stay as far away from Santa as she could. She was very happy to see him, she just didn't want to go near him. She whispered to me, "Santa has Emme's toys." with a huge smile on her face. Then the kids did their craft and ate their goodies. They ate a lot of goodies. I'm surprized they didn't end up with belly aches. We skipped lunch and we all had a nice two hour nap. :)
After naptime, Celina picked Connor up and Daddy, Emily, and I picked Anthony up from school and dropped our garbage off at the dump. Anthony didn't want to go but was glad he did. In the pile of "keep" stuff was a toy keyboard. All it needed was new batteries and now he has a new (like new) toy. Grandpa and I went on our annual Christmas shopping trip while Daddy stayed home with the kids. We got lots of cool stuff.