What do you do when your two year old refuses to sleep and you're exhausted? Yep, when you're desperate like I was last night you will attempt anything. I sent Emily to be with her brother. I'm not proud of this idiotic decision and unfortunately, it didn't work out the way I hoped. After hearing all the banging and talking (all Emily - Anthony was behaving surprisingly perfect) I went to take her out of his room. What I saw almost brought me to tears. Anthony was covering his sister back up with her blanket. I asked him if he wanted me to take her or give her one last chance. He asked me to give her one last chance.....
Mommy: Emily if you can't be good and go to sleep, you're going to have to sleep in your bed. Anthony wants to give you one last chance. Do you understand?
Emily? (in an innocent little voice) Nooooo. I'm cute!
This morning I was heating up Emily's milk in the microwave and there was still 40 seconds left on the timer.
Emily: I want to watch it ding!
Mommy: I know. Let's wait until it gets closer.
Emily: I wanna see it go 5.4.3.2.1. DING DING DING!!!!
I didn't know she could count backwards without us counting along.