Today after Emily's bath she started pointing to and naming her body parts.
Emily: (pointed to her chest) boobie
Me: Yes, that's your boobie.
Emily: (pointed to the other side) boobie
Me: Yes, Emme has two boobies. (trying to distract her) Where's your belly button (she points)
We played the where's Emily's (body parts) until I said
Me: Where's Emily's hair? (she pointed) What color is Emily's hair?
Emily: PINK!
I've been brainstorming all morning for ideas for a Halloween costume for Anthony. Every year we wait until the last minute because he never sees anything he wants. The last day of school before Halloween they have a parade and the kids are supposed to dress up as their favorite storybook character. Last year Anthony was going to be Fred from Scooby Doo (white shirt, blue pants) Easy enough but we couldn't find any yellow hair spray paint. So instead at the last minute I dressed him in a red and blue striped t-shirt and gave him a blanket to carry and told him he was Linus from the Peanuts cartoon. He was content, but I felt bad. So this year I want to do something special. I'm so excited. I can't wait until he gets out of school to see if he likes my idea. Every week Anthony is supposed to write sentences in class using his vocabulary words. And every week he writes sentences about sleeping. EVERY WEEK. His teacher has written on his paperwork and mentioned at the parent/teacher conference that Anthony sure is obsessed with sleeping. So this year I want to make him a bed costume. I'm not sure of the details yet but if he agrees (which I hope he will because I'm excited) then that's what we'll be making.