Friday, October 15, 2010
Yay!!! It's Friday!
While my parents are on vacation with Emily this week, I have been dropping Anthony off at school. Last year, I didn't like taking him. The traffic is crazy and it's directed by police that never seemed to give me a turn and of course, I was always running late and in a big hurry. This week I have loved it. Johnny's been helping Anthony get ready so we're not rushed and I drive him to school. He's so funny. Yesterday, he left the car door open and left me there holding up the line. When I called him to close it, he turned around and laughed and continued towards the school entrance. This morning, instead of the usual ladies supervising the kids being dropped off, it was the high schools football team, dressed in their jerseys. One opened the door for Anthony and asked how he was doing. Of course, he took this as an opportunity to hold up the line and pick his bottle of vitamins off the passenger floor and remind me that he hadn't had his gummies this morning yet. As usual, we held up the line. The last two days in the mornings he's been so pleasant and I've enjoyed his company so much that I wished the line was longer. It takes all I have to resist the urge to drive away from school, call us both in sick and spend the day together. I don't know how all the other mothers resist. I told Anthony that one day we will do just that. Let everyone think we are going to work and school but instead, hang out together, just us. I can't wait for that day to come. It will be our little secret.