Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Back to School

The kids are back in school today.  Aubrey started pre-k Monday and she's doing fantastic.  She gave her teacher, Ms. Rachel four hugs on her first day.  She cried the second day at drop off but enjoyed her first water day a lot.  Today she was happy when I left.  Anthony started 7th grade today.  He's such a "cool"  kid.  He never seems nervous at all.  Emily on the other hand had a rough morning.  Today is her first day of 2nd grade.  Last year she knew a lot of the kids in her class.  This year she only knows a couple of the boys and the only girl she knows is one that is more shy than she is.  She's afraid and cried a little.  I worry about her. I can't wait to pick them up from school and hear about their days....

Me...It's quiet and a little lonely here without them.  It's strange not having at least one of them here with me.  They are growing up way to fast.  I actually considered having Aubrey skip preschool so I could have another year with her. I know I'm doing the right thing by sending her, but I miss her so much.